Tree canopy is a critical component of community health infrastructure — but urban tree cover is shrinking, and its health benefits are not often equitably distributed. The Tree Campus Healthcare program recognizes health institutions that make a mission-aligned impact on community wellness through tree education, 投资, 社区参与.
翻转 each health challenge’s card to see how trees offer a solution.
To receive recognition each year, a healthcare facility must fulfill five standards:
Each qualifying facility or campus will have an Advisory Committee with at least three members, 来自以下群体:医疗保健提供者, 设施或场地管理员, 管理员, 病人的倡导者, 居民, 以及社区林业倡导者或官员.了解更多
标准四:庆祝 & 教育
The facility will sponsor at least one celebration event—such as Arbor Day—or an awareness campaign that highlights the connection between trees, 自然, 人类健康.了解更多
Healthcare facilities across the country are stepping up to improve the tree canopy — and overall wellness of 居民 — on their campus and in the communities they serve.
我们的职责是谈论澳门威尼斯人游戏木和健康. 作为东德州医疗保健的领导者, we need to be responsible for everything we take care of — it falls within our mission.Aaron Martinez, Certified Grounds Manager, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System
We ultimately are trying to impact the health of the population that we serve. We also want to inspire others to follow us since improving air quality, 减少碳污染, and improving water quality benefits everyone and can be accomplished through tree planting.Jon Utech, Senior Director, Office for a Healthy Environment, Cleveland Clinic
我们所做的一切都是为了我们的居民和社区. 澳门威尼斯人游戏木影响安全, 美, 生活质量…我们的居民, 员工, and the public benefit when we invest in community trees.Donna Hibbs, Vice President of Grounds and Landscaping, Masonic 首页。s of Kentucky
The following networks and resources provide opportunities to collaborate with other community stakeholders and learn more about the case for community trees and their impact on health.
More than 3,500 recognized 美国澳门威尼斯人游戏城 communities prioritize trees as critical infrastructure. 通过这个网络, health institutions can partner with community forestry leadership to plant, 培养, 庆祝社区澳门威尼斯人游戏木.
社区澳门威尼斯人游戏木联盟 is a network of community-based organizations dedicated to improving their communities through trees. This network can be a resource for local volunteer opportunities, community 澳门威尼斯人游戏项目, and more.
澳门威尼斯人游戏校园高等教育 colleges and universities meet program standards developed to promote healthy trees and student involvement, including an annual service learning project and Arbor Day celebration which may provide opportunities for collaboration.
- 美国澳门威尼斯人游戏城 Bulletin, January/February 2019: "What Is The Urban Forest?" provides a short primer on the definition of and stakeholders in an urban forest.
- 健康的澳门威尼斯人游戏, Healthy Lives initiative's Resource page is a one-stop hub for resources connecting trees to human health, from science-backed data to everyday activity suggestions.
- The Human Dimensions of Urban Forestry and Urban Greening research collection contains many professional and peer-reviewed publications and fact sheets on the connection between trees 人类健康.
- Vibrant Cities Lab merges the latest research with best practices for implementing green infrastructure projects in your community. Find case studies and research on trees 人类健康 here.
- Urban Nature for Human Health and Well-Being is a research summary for communicating the health benefits of urban trees and green space.
Access materials and social media content to help you share information about Tree Campus Healthcare or support a celebration event or awareness campaign.